The Financial Review daily paper covers all things business and markets, as well as national and world news. It also includes our popular columns Street Talk, Chanticleer and Rear Window. Readers can enjoy our magazine lift-outs with the Friday paper.
AFR Weekend delivers insightful commentary, news and analysis of the week’s events. It also ventures further to reflect the wider interests and passions of our readers and includes Perspective, Smart Investor and Weekend Fin.
Our glossy magazines deliver unrivalled award-winning journalism and rich lifestyle content. Look for them as inserts in your Friday paper. Digital subscribers can access the magazine content online or through the Today’s Paper feature.
The Australian Financial Review Magazine is Australia’s pre-eminent monthly inserted magazine delivering the highest quality content with a focus on exclusive features, profiles in business and politics, and an unparalleled reputation for combining gravitas and glamour in its coverage of fashion, luxury and lifestyle.
Fin Magazine is a Financial Review take on matters of style. Visually sumptuous and discerning, it offers an inspiring and relaxing read and covers the very best in fashion, design, watches, jewellery, motoring, art, and travel. It is a seasonal title, published four times a year in March, May, August and October.
The Financial Review website goes beyond print by providing breaking news, live markets coverage, and up-to-date markets data. It is designed to work on all devices. Digital subscribers can also access our archive of more than one million articles spanning the last 25 years of reporting.Subscribe here to make it your daily habit.
All the Financial Review’s digital content is available at subscribers’ fingertips on our iPhone and iPad apps, which also offer alerts when major news breaks.
A searchable and interactive edition of each day’s newspaper is also available for download in a digital archive.
The Financial Review sends daily and weekly newsletters exclusively to subscribers.
Before the BellA snapshot of the markets overnight, key market moves and the day’s top headlines, organised by section. Monday to Saturday 6am.
The BriefThe morning’s market moves plus the biggest stories in markets, companies, politics and from around the world, plus the best of business life. Weekdays lunchtime.
Market Wrap 5pmA complete wrap of the day’s markets, companies and politics headlines, organised by section. Weekdays 5pm.
Need to KnowA narrative-style report of the biggest stories in business, markets and politics, and why they matter. Weekdays 8pm.
Street Talk First LookBe in the know with a first look at the latest M&A deals and investment banking news from the Street Talk team. Sunday to Thursday.
This Professional LifeProfessional services editor Edmund Tadros’ inside take on the biggest news, moves and projects in accounting and consulting. Wednesday 6am.
Wealth GenerationNews and views to help aspirational investors grow, protect and enjoy their wealth, edited by wealth editor Aleks Vickovich. Wednesday 3pm.
Carbon ChallengeEssential news and analysis for business and investors about the obstacles and opportunities in the transition to a net zero economy. Thursday 11am.
Inside PropertyA comprehensive overview of our best commercial and residential property coverage, curated by property editor Nick Lenaghan. Thursday 6am.
Work & CareersExpert advice on how to negotiate the new world of work from successful executives and experts, edited by specialist reporter Natasha Boddy. Thursday 3pm.
Inside GovernmentAn insider’s guide to who’s making news in government and the public sector by government editor Tom Burton. Friday 6am.
Word from the Editor-in-ChiefMichael Stutchbury’s take on the big stories of the week in a narrative-style newsletter. Friday 3pm.
Life & LeisureA curated look at all our best lifestyle and magazine stories by Life & Leisure editor Charis Perkins. Saturday morning.
AFR WeekendThe big stories, best reads and expert advice, curated by the editor of the weekend paper, Andrew Burke. Saturday morning.
Opinion & AnalysisThe country’s sharpest opinion, commentary and analysis curated by the opinion team. Sunday morning.
Breaking newsImportant news as it happens in markets, business and politics.
The Financial Review’s reputation for news-breaking, agenda-setting and authoritative analysis finds new expression in AFR Live, a series of premium, independent and hard-hitting business events.
- The Australian Financial Review Business Summit brings together risk-takers, growth makers and wealth creators to tackle the big issues Australian businesses face in an unprecedented global environment. It is the Financial Review’s flagship annual event.
- The Australian Financial Review Property Summit is where the property industry’s most influential leaders, investors, commentators and disrupters discuss the future of this critical pillar of the Australian economy.
- CFO Live gathers the nation’s top chief financial officers to share their unique operational and strategic perspectives on the issues, challenges and opportunities facing Australian businesses.
- Banking Summit is Australia’s premier forum for banking leaders, regulators, policymakers and stakeholder groups.
- Infrastructure Summit brings together top investors, contractors, policymakers, analysts and academics to debate the future of infrastructure planning, funding and construction, and how it will drive growth for smarter, more efficient cities.
- The Australian Financial Review’s Super & Wealth Summit will challenge industry leaders on how they are reshaping their businesses to take advantage of new opportunities and create sustainable growth at scale.
- Energy & Climate Summit is an important national platform for policy debate surrounding Australia’s energy industry, market and transition. It brings together government, regulators, industry stakeholders and major energy users to determine a stable policy framework for providing more investment certainty, reducing carbon emissions, securing reliable power supply and lowering prices.
- Higher Education Summit brings together the sector’s most esteemed and exciting thought leaders and disrupters to discuss the future of higher education in Australia.
- Retail & Payments Summit is a leading industry event aims to shape the policy agenda for a strong retail recovery and how retailers can stay ahead in the evolving post-COVID world.
Lists & Awards
For close to 40 years, the Financial Review has compiled authoritative rankings that list Australia’s richest and most influential people and our most successful companies. The Financial Review recognises the achievements of our best and brightest across the economy and the community through several awards initiatives.
- Rich List has revealed Australia’s wealthiest people and identified what is driving wealth in Australia for close to 40 years.
- Young Rich is the definitive list of our best and brightest next generation of entrepreneurs, aged 40 and younger.
- Power List is the Financial Review’s comprehensive analysis of Australia’s most influential people across every sector, including those who operate behind the scenes.
- 100 Women of Influence celebrates outstanding women and the profound impact they have on Australian business, policy and society across 10 awards categories.
- BOSS Most Innovative Companies list is the most comprehensive ranking of innovative companies in Australasia across 10 industry categories.
- Fast 100 and Fast Starters lists identify the growth champions of Australian business - and the start-ups rocketing up the revenue charts.
- Higher Education Awards recognise the business activities of universities and their engagement with employers, industry and the broader community, as well as their academic success, across 10 categories.
- BOSS Best Places to Work list recognises organisations that are pioneering new ways of working and pushing boundaries when it comes to workplace policies and practices.
- Sustainability Leaders sets out to celebrate the Australasian companies that are making real progress in tackling sustainability challenges - and delivering business value along the way.